Job Title: Chief Medical Officer
Residency: High preference for Boston and environs, but will consider other options, TBD
A progressive innovator and the first company formed in the rapidly growing and exciting field of molecular diagnostics, is creating and commercializing biofluid-based personalized medicine testing and companion diagnostics programs with Pharma and BioPharma. They are in the process of taking the lead for in vitro diagnostic tests in oncology, and leveraging their platform to develop and validate additional diagnostic signatures and for compound-associated signatures for pharmaceutical companies.
***The CMO will provide the essential medical guidance and necessary expertise for all aspects of their efforts in this complex field, and will have the opportunity to make a more than significant contribution to the Company's success.
- Provide a high level of medical expertise supporting clinical development activities, positioning biofluid based molecular diagnostics tests (mDx) in the relevant clinical setting to ensure optimal clinical development and commercial positioning for end users and strategic partners
- Provide clinical guidance, support and education to clients as well as prospective customers, and participate in the development of key marketing materials
- Deliver strong scientific, medical and drug development leadership for the company and function as a the primary company liaison with KOLs, Scientific/Medical Advisors, DSMBs, Board of Directors, Investors
- Become an expert in assessing emerging models in health care delivery; identify and define new and innovative strategies to achieve business goals and objectives.
Requirements and Experience:
- M.D. (certified in the field of oncology and/or neurodegenerative disease) with a minimum of 6-10 years in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
- Highly motivated to work in molecular diagnostics and personalized medicine
- Able to perform at peak in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment that prizes individual initiative
- Experienced individual with sound analytical skills and a record of achievement in successful IND(s) and/or NDA/BLA(s) or equivalent; experience in filing and getting diagnostic products approved is a plus
- Solid understanding of personalized medicine as well as emerging new treatments in the field of Oncology
- Successful track record in drafting and implementing clinical trial protocols in Oncology
- Knowledge of GCP and regulatory guidelines and experience with compliance issues preferably in the US and EU
- Demonstrated leadership of successful teams with a history of developing a culture of teamwork, collaboration and communication
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic commercial drivers of oncology products
- Good conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Strong decision maker with the ability to handle multiple, competing tasks