Job Title: Director of Operations-Custom Services & Biologics
Territory: MD-DC/Northern VA area-exact location TBD
Full Relocation Package
The Company is a dynamic and uniquely valuable resource to its end users, focusing upon the acquisition, authentication, production and development of Standard Reference microorganisms, cell lines (human and plant), cloned genes, viruses and more, for verifying the research activities of: Pharma, Biotech, Diagnostic companies, Academia, Food Industry, Agriculture, et. al. or, for OEM.
>>> They hold key ISO accreditations and certifications.
**This is a newly created opportunity with this prestigious organization, and the individual who steps into this role will have responsibility for all Services Operations, including cross-functional teams, and reporting into the Sr. Director.
- Provide strategic vision and top level leadership to ensure cost effective, continuous and optimized offerings of their Services, supporting all business units and corporate goals
- Establish a breadth of program objectives and analyze critical performance indicators, costs, resources, all operational initiatives, etc.
- Develop key strategic plans to ensure current and continued successes
- Responsible for all production schedules being met, and work with cross-functional teams so that facilities are all operational and resources are allocated appropriately in full support of corporate objectives
- Develop, review and implement budgets
- Assess needs and implement any training programs for direct reports and key associates necessary to meeting goals
Requirements and Experience:
- BS in Engineering, Life Science or equivalent discipline. An advanced degree and//or MBA is very desirable
- Minimum 10 years in Services/Biosciences Operations and/or development
- Minimum 5 years of Management experience
- Strong knowledge of BioServices market, including customer needs and competitive landscape
- Strong influencing and communication skills