Job Title: Global Strategic Product Manager - Liquid Handling
Location: Reno, NV
General Summary: Manage and coordinate marketing activities for a new instrument product to yield profit and strategic performance consistent with company objectives. Must plan development and execute new product launch, marketing plans and promotions, and participate in project planning. Will work closely to train and assist field sales in implementing marketing and sales plans. Will work closely with OEM customers and international dealers as needed to assist in their sales and marketing plans.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop objectives, marketing strategies, and plans for instrument products and implement them successfully. The plans will include, but are not limited to, communications plans, budgets, selling and distribution plans and appropriate financial analyses
- Develop objectives, marketing strategies, and plans for new products based on market research and perform analysis of customer needs and direction.
- Drive the development of the product, working closely with Engineering and Software teams.
- Act as ?product champion? for the development of new products.
- Monitor sales and profit performance of products within specified market; maintain acceptable profit margins.
- Coordinate the training of International dealers and distributors
- Develop new product ideas, create proposals, drive the approved projects from development to product launch and post launch support.
Education & Experience:
- MBA is required.
- Minimum 3 years of product management experience,
- 2 years of technical experience with automation robotics is strongly desired. Prior sales experience will be considered.
- Experience with capital scientific equipment is highly desired.
- Prior product management experience is a must
- Working knowledge and technical expertise in laboratory automation is highly desired